Food is one of most highly anticipated components of a wedding. Indulging in an endless buffet or receiving that exquisitely crafted plate is a highlight for many people, and our Executive Chef Prakash Jaiswal meticulously prepares meals that are sure to impress.
The Sawridge Inn approaches food with a commitment to using local, fresh ingredients and crafting a menu that offers seasonality and exciting flavours. Each mouthful is designed to deliver an experience, giving your guests a remarkable meal to accompany such a splendid occasion.
We take a collaborative approach to our menus, working with you to select the right mix of proteins, sides and desserts that suit your pallet. If you have specific dietary requirements, we will be sure to adjust our preparation to accommodate. Vegetarian diners will love our meat-free menu options that boast amazing flavours.
Pre-Dinner Hors D’Oeuvres
Before the seated dining and speeches even begin, we have a wide assortment of Hors D’Oeuvres to choose from. These delightful appetizers are sure to keep the hunger of a busy wedding at bay and spark the conversations.
Some of our Hors D’Oeuvres options include:
- Wild Mushroom Duxelle & Goat Cheese on Pumpernickel
- Poached Pears & Blue Cheese Mousse on Sliced Baguette
- Smoked Salmon Wrapped Asparagus Spears Crusted with Gremolata
- Beef Satay Marinated in Korean Barbeque Sauce
World-Class Plated Dinners
A beautiful plated dinner is a work of art; with the careful setting, perfect cooking and formal service. Our Executive Chef prepares each with care, building exquisite flavours that balance and truly wow the tastebuds. Sawridge Inn Edmonton has an incredible selection of main courses that play masterfully on the best foods from land and sea.
Some of our plated dinner features:
- Filet Mignon, 8oz Seared, in a Red Wine Reduction with Herb Mashed Potatoes, Baby Carrots
- Rack of Lamb, Herb Crusted with Green Pea Risotto, Grilled Peppers and Garlic Rosemary Jus
- Scallop & Crab Stuffed Sole with Lemongrass, Ginger Sauce, Grilled Peppers & Wild Rice
- Chicken Supreme, Five Spice Rubbed with Red Potatoes, Bococcini and Forest Mushroom Ragout
Vegetarian options should never take a back seat to protein plates. The Executive Chef and his team at the Sawridge Inn Edmonton have put a great deal work into delivering superb meatless options.
A Buffet to Remember
Going for seconds, grabbing just the food you want and being able to explore many incredible options is something guests really look forward to. We take great pride in offering people a culinary adventure, giving them amazing flavours in all the advantages a buffet can provide.
Sawridge Inn Edmonton has two different buffet options that feature incredible elements like roast beef sirloin, crab and scallop stuffed sole and salmon wellington in puff pastry. These are master chef items that you will definitely want to go back and enjoy again and again!
Some items you can find in our buffets:
- Atlantic Salmon, Maple Glazed in a Ginger Sauce
- Cannelloni with Spinach & Ricotta Cheese in Marinara Sauce and Topped with Asiago
- Alberta Bison, Slow Roasted with Cranberry & Leek Relish in Pan Jus
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Variety of Cold Smoked Fish with Lemon, Superfine Capers and Dill
Some of the desserts in our buffets:
- New York Cheesecake
- Maple Chocolate Mania
- Warm Apple Crumble with Rum Soaked Raisins and Vanilla Sauce
- Triple Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Coulis
Late Night Selections
As the night continues, wedding guests always build up their appetites. To keep things light and fresh; we have built a variety of options to keep the energy up. Simple finger foods and drinks that are clean, easy to eat and keep everyone content. We even have themes to add a little excitement to the meal; like our Mexican Fiesta, Movie or Drive-in Diner themes!
Some of the late night selections we offer:
- Tea Time - Tea Sandwiches, Fruit & Traditional Scones with Preserves, Fruit Kebobs and Date Squares
- Movie Theme - Popcorn, Assorted Concession Stand Candies and Canned Soft Drinks
- Café - Assorted Coffee Cakes, Biscottini and Chilled Vanilla and Mocha Frappuccino’s
For a complete breakdown of our wedding food selection, please download our wedding catering menu.